April WiPs

Welcome 🙂

Last month’s WiP was a crochet project which had been sitting around for rather longer than it should have been given how close it was to being finished.

Back in 2014 I made some mice, two of which remained unfinished – all the body parts were made, they just needed sewing together – and never got done.

It’s nice to have an incentive to do WiPs so I thought I could gift one of the mice to my little grand niece for her birthday. But as I’d already bought her a cute little bunny hat I thought she might like a rabbit toy to go with it. I googled rabbit ears (you’d be amazed at just how many patterns popped up – obviously popular) and set off crocheting some and so the mice became rabbits!

20160422_153305

One for little one year old Savannah and one to stay here.

Before one was posted off I couldn’t resist a silly synchronised bunny ears photoshoot!

20160422_15324820160422_15321020160422_15315120160422_15311720160422_15310120160422_153046

This one will go to my great niece ( that’s a spare skirt she’s got tucked under her arm)

20160422_124907

and this one will stay with me.

20160422_124807

I’ve decided not to tackle a WiP during May as I’ve got rather a lot on.

Until next time,

Chris x

 

Mice Attack

Welcome 🙂

I think mice are endearing little creatures and I love seeing them outside in the garden but as far as I’m concerned that’s where they should stay – outside.

While I was preparing the house for Easter I went up into our attic to get down all my Easter decorations. I have a small collection of Tilda animals as well as beanbag hens and Springtime bunting, all of which help to make Easter special in our house.

You can probably guess what I’m going to say and yes you’re right. Mice had somehow got into our attic and been busy nibbling away at the decorations. These two Tilda softies were the first things I found which had been attacked.

SAM_2404

The frog was beyond saving – he was partially stuffed with rice and so had been munched away, the rabbit’s tunic was chewed but she was fine.

We set traps and caught 4 mice who were relocated to a nearby park. Hubby has searched the attic for any evidence of more mice but so far things are looking good.

Goodness knows how they managed to get into the attic but I do hope they’ve gone. It was upsetting to find quite a few homemade decorations with holes in them.

One which made me smile was this Christmas cushion with the angel pointing to the nibbled hole as if to say, ‘How dare you!’

20160405_135837

Looking on the bright side I will enjoy making rabbit a new outfit and maybe even replacing frog with another creature.

It’s not all doom and gloom in the house though, Dear Jane has been getting a bit of attention with these blocks now all done.

20160328_160418K9 Scout’s Honor – Foundation pieced.

20160328_173303

A2 One-Two Buckle My shoe – Foundation pieced.

20160329_151011

B6 Wild Goose Chase – foundation pieced and reverse appliqué. I used the method suggested by Carla of Granny Maud’s Girl and it worked like a charm – thank you Carla.

20160329_151030

G10 Woven Meadow – Foundation pieced, this was pretty straight forward as nothing needed to match up!

20160405_130334

D5 Cathedral Window – EPP. I altered the pattern in the book for this one.

20160405_130351

G12 Gloriae – EPP and again I altered the pattern, dividing the large star into four so I could paper piece it easily.

20160405_130359

and finally,

H11 Piercing Rays – EPP.

20160405_130624

What have you been up to lately?

Until next time,

Chris x

 

UFO Battle Commences

Welcome 🙂

The battle against the ever growing pile of UFOs has begun! Last month, you may recall, my quilt group started a call to finish one UFO a month and I chose to work on one which was almost finished.

It wasn’t even one which needed any stitching doing to it as all the sewing part of the project had already been done.flower folk1So these are the little dolls I worked on, I had already made up the tunics and the bodies and had come to a full stop with painting their faces.

I remember trying to draw the features on the wooden beads with a fine felt tip pen but the pen bled into the wood and so I stopped to think about my next step and never picked them up again!

This time around all I needed to do was to paint the bead and then paint the eyes and mouth on with some acrylic paint then attach some hair and voilà! – they only took me about an hour or so to finish off.

Why I didn’t  get on and do them at the time is a mystery but no matter they are done now and have been out in the garden for a photo shoot!flower folk2flower folk3flower folk4flowerfolk5flowerfolk6

Now to choose this month’s UFO to tackle…

Until next time,

Chris x

I’m linking this up to Esther’s WiPs on Wednesday.