Here are a few more of the dark blue blocks I’ve been working on;
G7 Indianapolis – pieced and appliqué.
M13 Lynette’s Diamond – pieced and appliqué
L4 St. George’s Cross – pieced, a bit wonky but I’m sure it won’t be noticeable when all the blocks are sewn together!
M1 Dogwood Days – foundation pieced and pieced.
A13 Starlight-Starbright – EPP
D2 Mouse in a Mirror – EPP
One thing I have discovered is that hand sewing these close weave batiks is tough going on my poor fingers! So much so that I’ve had to make myself another batch of leather thimbles to cope! (This post shows how I do it)
It’s also probably why my little scrap project of hexagon flowers has been having more attention than I thought it would!
Sewing these is so much easier than the batiks! I’ve not only caught up with making one a week but I’m also ahead of the game with a couple of April’s flowers already made!
My Ladies Wot Sew group are going to try to make something for Christmas each month. Well, January came and went with no project but we did make a start this month with a Christmas card holder. Fiona from Celtic Thistle Stitches gave me the idea, thank you Fiona, and this is what I made.
It still needs a long piece of wide ribbon sewing on the bottom of it so cards can be attached to it but you get the idea. These will replace a couple of tatty cardboard card holders which are past their best.
I’m linking this up to Ho Ho Ho and on we Sew at Charly and Ben’s Crafty Corner
Until next time,