Thought you might like to see just what this mega banner for my Church is going to cover (I wrote about it here).
At the moment this is what is up, and the grey panels are what the Banner Making Team need to cover.
This week end my lovely hubby and I wrestled down one of the panels (and I DO mean wrestled – it was hard work!) to bring it home and funnily enough even though many, many people saw us dismantling the screens no one asked what we were doing! Just smiled as if it was normal and walked away!
So this week’s job has been to make a mock up cover of some sort for it. because of all the fittings on the back of the panel I’ve made something like a fitted bed sheet which seems to do the job.
Now that’s done we’ll be able to estimate how much fabric is needed and then that dreaded job of miserably trawling around all the local (and not so local) fabric shops to find just the right colours begins 😉
Wish me luck!
Until next time,
I hasten to add that my hubby and I are fairly well known in the Church so hopefully no one thought we were stealing the panel – I’d like to think if a stranger was doing what we did they would be stopped, but you never know!